Sunday, August 05, 2007

Hall of Shame

For me, the NFL Preseason did not get off to a very pleasant start. First, Michael Irvin, a mortal enemy of Eagles fans, was elected to the Hall of Fame. Then, the Hall of Fame Game on Sunday night was not televised on Comcast, because the NFL Network is no longer part of their basic package. Bullshit on both accounts.

Does anyone know which party is responsible for NFLN becoming a pay channel on Comcast? Apparently on DirecTV carries it on their basic package, of course, because they have exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket. The fans are the real losers here (those of us w/cable, that is). If anyone lets me know, I'll let you, the loyal readers know.

Then if you get DirecTV, you don't have Comcast SportsNet, which means, no Phillies for about 120 games out of the year. Imagine not being able to yell at Charlie Manuel for another boneheaded decision, or curse out Abraham Nunez for grounding into a double play, or wish bad things upon Jose Mesa. I mean, that takes up most of my time now. Without that in my life, I don't know what I'd do... oh yeah, I guess watch NFL Network.

No comments: